NEW Canoe Foundation funding pot open for applications
The latest round of grant funding from the Canoe Foundation is now live. If you have a project in need of funding up to £10,000 for access and environment related improvements, you can apply for grant funding from the Canoe Foundation today.
During the last funding cycle over £50,000 was awarded to several projects across the UK. Take a look at some of the projects awarded grant funding in the last cycle here.
Now, the Canoe Foundation are looking for projects across the whole of the UK that will:
- Increase and protect public access points to water for recreational users.
- Create sustainable launching and landing sites, to and alongside water, for all sectors of the community and abilities.
- Protect and enhance the natural environment we enjoy such as rivers or coastline.
Specifically funding is available for the following types of projects:
- Launch and landing platforms, steps or ramps.
- Improvements to pathways and accessible routes to the waters edge.
- Signage and information that promotes positive behaviour (Countryside code, “Check, Clean, Dry”, take your litter home etc).
- Designated or additional parking for water users.
- Works to address erosion and create more sustainable access points.
- Projects that actively engage recreational water users in helping protect the waterway environment (such as habitat creation or invasive non-native species action).
- Multi user projects or projects that benefit more than one user group.
- Projects that benefit all paddlers rather than member facilities
So if you’re a club, community group, Parish Council, Local Authority, charity or organisation working to improve or sustain access or the environment in your area, we’re looking for applications from you!
Applications for this funding cycle close at 00:00 on Tuesday 19th April, after the Easter Bank Holiday weekend. Once applications close, they will be carefully considered against the criteria by Trustees before successful applicants are contacted. For further information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Haven’t got a project in need of support but would like to donate to future funding pots to help the Canoe Foundation continue their grant making efforts? Donate here.