Below you will find our online form for funding applications. To guide your applications, use our examples of previously funded projects here.
Funding applications are open to clubs, community groups, Parish Councils, Local Authorities or anyone in the UK with an active interest in improving access to water for recreational users and protecting the environment.
This should be organisations or partnerships with local paddlesport groups who will continue to support the use of the improvements on an ongoing basis.
Online funding applications are expected to be in the range from £500 to £10,000 and encouraged to be deliverable for summer 2021. Exceptional projects over £10,000 will be considered.
Grant payments are in arrears, on a direct payment, or pass-through basis. Matched or crowd funding is not essential but helps demonstrate the degree of local commitment to a project and to extend the number of projects that can be supported. More detail here.
We consider applications after each closing date, with the next review being for applications received by 28th February 2021.
Grants for projects that are able to commence quickly may be awarded before the funding window closes, so we encourage applicants to apply early. We are also keen to support projects that can be completed by Summer 2021
Please note our current focus is on:
- Increasing and protecting public access points to water for recreational users.
- Creation of sustainable launching and landing sites, to and alongside water, for all sectors of the community and abilities.
- Protecting and enhancing the natural environment.
Types of projects we would consider:
- Launch and landing platforms, steps or ramps.
- Improvements to pathways and accessible routes to the waters edge.
- Signage and information that promotes positive behaviour (Countryside code, “Check, Clean, Dry”, take your litter home etc).
- Designated or additional parking for water users.
- Works to address erosion and create more sustainable access points.
- Projects that actively engage recreational water users in helping protect the waterway environment (such as river clean initiatives, habitat creation or invasive non-native species action).
- Projects that are multi user or can benefit more than one user group.
If you have any queries please use the Contact Us page to get in touch. Please note that the Foundation has no full-time staff at this time and relies mainly on volunteers. However, we will endeavour to acknowledge applications and respond within a week of receipt.
Online Funding Applications Form
Our online applications form is five pages long and is a mix of mandatory and non-mandatory fields. You can download guidance here on completing the form.
If you fill in any pages incorrectly it will be noted at the end of the form when you submit. You will not receive page by page warnings. This is to aid you in completing the form.
Click the Save and Resume link if you want to take a break. You will have 30 days to return and complete the form. If you have any questions please use the Contact Us page to get in touch.