New Canoe Foundation Funding Window Opening in February 2023!
The Canoe Foundation is pleased to announce that our new funding window will open on 15 February 2023! If you have a canoeing, kayaking or stand-up paddle boarding project in need of funding of up to £10,000 for access or environment-related improvements, we want to hear from you.
After a brief hibernation, Canoe Foundation is back and looking forward to supporting more fantastic paddling projects in 2023.
During the last funding cycle, we awarded over £50,000 to several fantastic projects across the UK.
David Belbin, Trustee of the Canoe Foundation said: “The Canoe Foundation is thrilled to be back and welcoming new grant applications in 2023. With more people than ever before taking up paddlesports such as canoeing, kayaking and especially stand-up paddle boarding; we’re looking forward to seeing a wide range of applications from paddling locations all over the UK.”
The latest funding window will be open on 15 February until 23:59 p.m on 11 April 2023 and will be available at canoefoundation.org.uk/online-funding-applications. We are looking for projects across the whole of the UK (England, Wales, Scotland and Northern Ireland) that will:
- Increase and protect public access points to water for all.
- Create sustainable launching and landing sites, to and alongside water, for all sectors of the community and all abilities.
- Protect and enhance the natural environment we enjoy such as rivers or coastline.
Specifically funding is available for the following types of projects:
- Launch and landing platforms, steps or ramps.
- Improvements to pathways and accessible routes to the water’s edge.
- Signage and information that promotes positive behaviour (e.g. the Countryside code, “Check, Clean, Dry”, take your litter home).
- Designated or additional parking for water users.
- Works to address erosion and create more sustainable access points.
- Projects that actively engage water users in helping protect the waterway environment.
- Projects that benefit more than one user group.
- Projects that benefit all paddlers rather than private member facilities.
So if you’re a paddling club, community group, Parish Council, Local Authority, charity or organisation working to improve or sustain access to the water in your area, Canoe Foundation would love to hear from you!
Applications for this funding cycle will close at 11:59 p.m on 11 April 2023. Applications will be carefully considered by the Canoe Foundation Trustees before successful applicants are contacted. For further information, please contact email@example.com