The Canoe Foundation’s purpose, along with our objectives and plans of how we seek to meet those objectives, are below.
Our purpose over the next few years can be defined as:
We seek to do this by:
- Facilitating suitable launching and landing points to water and providing more opportunities for a modern diverse community to enjoy canoeing with improved facilities.
- Promoting and supporting the conservation of inland waterways, rivers, oceans and the environment whilst allowing water users to have an enjoyable and readily accessible experience.
The principal objectives to achieve this are:
- Promoting conservation and sustainable use of waterways
- Raising recurring funds to meet and develop our purpose
- Holding capital funds to secure key facilities, egress or ingress land opportunities
- Securing and protecting access points, steps or platforms
- Improving the suitability of launching and landing sites, to and alongside water, for all sectors of the community
To help us meet these objectives we can fund or match fund projects. You can learn more about previous projects here.
- New or improved launching points in urban or rural locations or as part of a water trail, such as steps or pontoons. Linked promotion of access points including signage or maps to increase participation and use
- Incorporating better accessibility or facilities at waterside locations which might improve the parking or changing aspects of a site.
- Improving the quality of the waterways and oceans through support, for example practical kits, for a clean-up or an improved natural habitat